Derawar Fort was built in the 9th century AD by a Hindu Rajput ruler. The walls have a perimeter of 1500 metres and stand up to thirty metres high. A 1,000 year-old catapult shell was found in the debris near a decaying wall in the fort. It was later rebuilt in its current form in 1732 by the Abbasi ruler but has traded hands a few times. The fort is unfortunately rapidly deteriorating and in need of immediate preventive measures for preservation. A mosque is also located close by which was built on the design of Moti Masjid at Delhi’s Red Fort which adds more beauty to the fort’s existing structure.